12/10/17

Tree Farm 2017




  

WE HAVE A TREE!! finally

We usually go tree shopping Thanksgiving weekend, but that just didn't happen this year. Finals, house renovations, and miscellaneous happenings here and there have put a strain on our usual holiday traditions. I would be lying if I said it hasn't made me a little sad these past few weeks. School always has a way of making me feel like I'm missing things in life. But I keep reminding myself that this season of life is temporary. And will all be worth it in the end. At least that's what I keep hearing. Let's hope they are right! ;)


Despite the circumstances, we still managed to make it to the tree farm. The tree farm at Cedar Hill Farms has been a tradition of ours since Rob was first born. Now that he is getting older it really is becoming evident how special this tradition is for him. He was so involved in picking out a tree this year and was so excited when we brought it home. As soon as we got home, he went to town decorating it all on his own. I told him we had to clean first though and I swear I've never seen this kid clean so fast in my entire life. And the detail! He had our whole entire entertainment center empty so he could wipe down the inside! lol!! Too bad it cant be Christmas all year round. I would literally have the cleanest house in all of Mississippi!

Cal had to leave for work, but Rob and I sang Christmas songs, danced, and decorated our hearts out. It was everything my soul needed. Christmas is lovely, sure. But life with these boys of mine is what it's all about. I'm learning as I get older that life is all about managing expectations and though I have had to change my expectations over the years (now that cal and I are running the show) I can still find the magic in Christmas. Its just now I find it through the eyes of my tender hearted five year old boy. And the joy that brings me is indescribable. 

I love you, Robert Joseph.
Happy December!