4/29/18

First t-ball game


Eeeek! Im still gushing with so much pride and joy over Robs first T-ball game. I don't know why I'm freaking out so much with this, but I seriously haven't been able to stop kissing those yummy cheeks and telling him over and over how proud I am. (Mushy mom over here!) Before you judge though, hear me out..


I played softball competitively for 7 years until I developed my blood disorder and had to quit. Those seven years were the heart of my childhood. My dad was the coach and my sister and best friend were on the team with me so we literally spent every night of our summers together. I learned so much about teamwork, the importance of comradery, and so many other life lessons. Oh and I wasn't too bad at the actual sport either! ;) In fact, I probably would have played in college had I not gotten sick. But life happens!

I don't know if its because of this or because of HOW BIG he looks in his uniform, but today hit me in all the feels. Watching him out there brought back so many memories and made me realize what those 7 years of softball were actually about; having fun and making friends. The sport itself was a blast and always challenged me but it was also those chants with my girls, spitting sunflower seeds out onto the dirt (thinking we looked so cool), and those sleepovers after the games that really mattered. Thats what made me enjoy it all.

Today I saw my son play a sport and enjoy it. He kind of had no idea what he was doing at some points, but he got out there and hit that ball with all his might, ran to the bases, and tried his best to throw it to whatever base he was suppose to. Every time he did something though, he would look back and shoot me a smile. He was having fun!! Thats all I could hope for.

Rob, your best years are ahead of you. No matter what sport you choose to stick with in the future, may we always remember what its all about. I know you will push yourself to be the best of the best, but I also pray you keep that smile on your face and never take life too seriously. Always keep the joy  my sweet boy! I love you so.

Heres to a great season!
                                 
xoxo, mom.



running the base after hitting a home run!

Sidelines with his teammates!

prayer before the game.