4/27/14

Karissa's Bachelorette!

 


 
 
 
Oh my gosh, my best friend is totally getting hitched! I cant believe the time is here. I feel like just yesterday we were in the 7th grade sitting across the table from one another just meeting for the first time. We were both all by our lonesome. I was eating a sandwich, and she was eating fruit snacks. We caught each others eye, and just smiled. She was the sweetest. I don't know why, but I just felt inclined to ask if she wanted to sit by me. Never in a million years would I have guessed a life-long friendship would follow after that one simple question. God directed our paths to cross in such a simple, yet beautiful way that strongly displays his sovereignty in our lives. Karissa has been by my side through everything in life. Now I get the opportunity to stand by her on one of the most important  days for a woman, her wedding:) I LOVE LOVE you Karissa!!! I. Can. Not. Wait.
 
Memories with Karissa that I hold very dear to my heart:
  • That time we met of course. we smiled at each other, and then sat by one another, and then shared lunches. Then became the bestest friends over bologna sandwiches and fruit snacks!(oh, the good ole days:) 
  • That time we got caught singing our hearts out to Celine Dion. Using our hairbrushes, jumping on the bed, and literally screaming the lyrics, because there is know way anyone can truly sing a CĂ©line Dion song beautifully! Besides Celine of course;) We were caught by her sister, and almost never lived it down.
  • Then there was that time I got sick (hospital sick), and she checked on me non-stop. Always making sure I was ok. (sign of a true best friend)
  • MY FIRST KISS! I was 16. I called her at 1 am, and of course she answered. We were jumping up and down and screaming. Mine was more of a 'whisper scream' so I wouldn't wake my parents. They didn't know about it of course. or so I thought;)
  • My first heartbreak.
  • All of our dance memories, Which is where KMFC became about :)  Gosh, I Love My Friends!
  • That time she tried to help me sneak out since my parents were super strict about me hanging out with boys. I mean she really really really tried! like tried for 5 hours, and then finally let out a... "ugh! I feel like were in Jail!!"  haha. It ended up being a total flop ending with us getting caught. But even though we were young, and in the wrong, I still always loved her for that. She seriously tried so hard for me! True partners in crime;)
  • That time KMFC (karissa, Mikki, Faith(ME), and Chelsea) were in Disney Worlds' Magic Kingdom for a dance competition. It was around 11@ night, and not a soul was around. Everybody had left, and we were literally the only people in the park. No joke, it was nuts. Truly Magical. We started dancing in the streets...twirling doing fuetes (<- or attempting to anyways) Not a care in the world...until a security officer showed up and made us leave of course:)
  • All my painfully awkward stages that Karissa helped me get through, and stayed with me through more importantly.
  • more heartbreak
  • And most importantly, encouraging  me in my walk with Christ. She loves the Lord, and I strongly admire her for that. 

    I have so many more memories I could share, but I think those are enough for one blog;) I'm ready for your special day, Karissa Lynn!

        Snippets from the shower: