10/22/14

Apple Picking.

                                     
 Okay, so this was a lot of fun! I've been seeing people go apple picking every fall for a couple years now, and I thought- how cool! Anything involving local grown food and quality family time is a good day in my book. I was so happy when I found jones orchard, which is located in millington. It was a little bit of a drive to me, but that's because I'm use to everything being so close. Spoiled, I know! ;) I recommend to any who wants to try it out, just plan on making a day out of it. Call me crazy, but places like this I could just explore all day. :) they had lots of land with fruits of all kind; apples, peaches, plums, pears, and even pumpkins. They had plenty of room for Rob and the new pup to run around, and benches where you could pack a lunch and have a little picnic. If we hadn't of got there so late, I would have totally packed a picnic lunch! Maybe next year ;) My favorite part was watching my son. He was so happy, and had a genuine interest in the fruit. As a foodie/nutrition nut, it delights my heart seeing him not just eat good food, but also him learning where it comes from. Rob would hardly touch apples before, but after picking them himself he had a newfound interest. Whatever works, right?;) 

      snippets of our day.