9/19/13

With Love....



Its been a while since I last posted. Life is chaotic with a little one, and time does not slow down. His first birthday is creeping up on us. How did that happen?? where did the time go? ughh...wherever it went, I want it back. Sleepless nights and all. My baby is no longer a baby and I just don't know how I feel about it at all. Of course its exciting. I'm so proud of him and I'm amazed at his growth. I'm excited to see what the future holds for my little family. As his 1 year approaches though I'm feeling a little nostalgic. Bittersweet feelings that are so hard to explain to people sometimes. People always tell me..."don't be upset....this is an exciting time!" yes...yes I know this. but just yesterday I was bringing him home holding his little body in my arms. I can still smell his fresh baby smell and remember the feeling I got when he would hold my little finger during nursing sessions. so dependent on me. I was his whole world. he needed me. only me. and I needed him. I still need him....and each day he needs less of me. which is the goal right? raise an independent, healthy, happy boy. Parenting is a beautiful, crazy, and scary thing. I'm just along for the ride:) with all this being said I just want to wish my little one a happy happy and wonderful first birthday. your such a joy, Robert Joseph. You are loved far more than you could imagine. Your life is a blessing to us. And even though im a little sad....im excited to see you grow into a happy, healthy boy. Have a great day my love.
With Love....Mom.

Some of my favorite pictures from this year