2/1/14

Chalk Wall.

 
 
So I've been wanting one of these (chalk wall) for quite some time. I first saw the idea on one of my  favorite bloggers page, and I just fell in love! I mean seriously, I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. I immediately began pinning photos for more inspiration, and just kept falling more and more in love with the idea. SO...next step was talking the hubs into it. Which to my surprise he wasn't opposed at all! whaa?? I mean don't get me wrong, I consider my guy to be fairly open to my crazy minded ideas. But letting me paint a whole wall in our kitchen black earned him some major brownie points!:)
 
We both decided today would be the best day. He didn't have to work, and my parents could watch Rob for us while we did the (not-so) toddler friendly parts. It started off with sanding the rough places on our wall. Which was actually a little tough considering our house is really old, and has been painted over many times. ugh. we sanded as good as we could then moved on. Next step was to remove an old phone jack that has literally been bolted into the wall for 24 years. Not that much fun either. My poor husband ended up cutting the whole section completely and replacing it with new drywall. (which is the big hole you will see in the pictures, and what he is working on above) Obviously this is a step most people will be able to skip, thank goodness:) Finally, it was time to tape and paint! And as of now this is the finished product... Voila! This is obviously no where near finished, but its definitely a step in the right direction:) We hope to have it done by the end of this week, in which I will blog the final steps and the finished product. Stay tuned!
 
 
I Cant Wait!
 
 
^^Such a hardworker.^^
 
^^just a glimpse at our next project!^^
 
                               ^^ Is it bad our pizza guy knows our name and address by heart?;)^^

^^Mid-pizza chew^^