11/27/14

In All Things Give Thanks.







Thanksgiving this year was extra special. Cal had to work on Thanksgiving day so I felt the deepest urge in my heart to cook for our own little family the day before. All I've ever know my whole life in regards to thanksgiving (and holidays in general) is to show up when the food is ready. Seriously, so spoiled! ha! So planning our turkey dinner for the first time was a little daunting, but gosh, so worth it. I feel doing our own special thanksgiving not only meant the world to me, but also to my family. They weren't near as excited as I was in the beginning, but as the three of us sat around the table indulging in our thanksgiving feast, I could feel a closeness to them in a way I've never felt before. These guys are mine, and I'm theirs. We are a family, and I owe it to to them to take special holidays like this and celebrate it with them alone. I think that is so important. It was also a lot of fun, and very fulfilling. As a wife and mom, my desire in life is to serve my family with a happy heart. This was definitely a way to make me feel I was doing that. And as far as the actual dinner goes? it turned out to be a hit! They all went back for seconds, so that's a good thing right? The only thing I had trouble with was the turkey. My oven broke (perfect timing) so I had to keep playing around with it to make sure it was at least cooking, and I think I actually overcooked it. Woops! but the house didn't burn down, so that's a plus right!?;) Any how, I just really really enjoyed this thanksgiving, and hope we can continue this tradition as the years continue.

What I'm thankful For.

  • Family, family, family; My own family God has blessed me with, my parents, and siblings, and my new family that I was married into. They are all important, and mean the world to me.
  • The man God brought into my life
  • The child he gave us
  • The roof over our heads
  • Amos:) Our new puppy, who is  turning out to be one cool dude.
  • Im thankful for even the small things, such as technology, cars, sunshine, Gods beautiful earth, and the chance to live on it. My favorite shampoo, favorite lotion, Ice cream, etc etct. (I could go on for days)
  • Im thankful for the china my grandmother gave me. It felt so special being able to use it for my family.
  • Im thankful for the opportunities God has given me in my life
More importantly, and above all else, Im thankful for my Savior who died on the cross so I may know him. He is the reason I  give thanks in all things, even the things that make it almost impossible to do so. I know not everyone is having a great thanksgiving this year. There is so much going on in the world,  and so much suffering. But I believe there is hope in Jesus Christ, and because of that I am thankful.


Thanksgiving 14