9/22/18

Rob turns 6!


Mom truth moment: This seriously might have been the quickest I have ever thrown together a birthday party for Rob. Between grad school and pregnancy, I have barely been able to catch my breath. I truly look forward to the month of September every year because I know my sweet boys birthday is right around the corner, but the expectation we mommas put on ourselves sometimes is just too much. I sometimes forget that my days as a SAHM are over and life now is all about managing expectations. Not that being a SAH was easy BY ANY MEANS, but I do sometimes miss those days where I could invest all my time and energy into these sweet moments. And honestly, I let it get to me way more than it probably should. 


Thankfully, I have a pretty cool kid who could care less about all the stuff I so foolishly worry about.  He has a heart of gold and as long as he is surrounded by the people he loves, he is happy. Thanks to him, I have learned to not stress over the details and instead focus my time and energy into being present in the moment. He never complains and always shows gratitude for his blessings. He loves not only his friends and family with purity and integrity, but extends that love to total strangers as well.  He is honestly one of the best people I know. My prayer is that God continues to work in his heart so that he never loses all these things that make him so special. I hope he always keeps his innocence and kindness towards others even when this world tempts him not to. He has plans to be a soldier one day (mommy is still struggling with that a little bit) but may he use his courage to be a voice for all thats good in the world. 

Rob, you ground me and remind me daily of what is most important in life. I truly believe you will move mountains one day and as your Momma, I just couldn't be any more proud.  I love you so much! 

Happy 6th birthday. 


Some pics from Sky Zone.